Have you accessed your Personal Tax Account?
HMRC are advising employers that their employees may benefit from accessing their Personal Tax Account. These accounts allow taxpayers to view information about their tax affairs and advise HMRC online about changes that may affect the tax they pay. The services available through the Personal Tax Account include:
- checking income tax estimates and tax codes
- advising HMRC about changes affecting company cars
- using the online forms available to claim tax deductible work expenses or a tax refund
- checking the expected level of their state pension
- renewing tax credits
- advising HMRC of a change of address.
In a recent development the system for registering for this service has been revised and it is now possible to register using your National Insurance Number and P60 information. To register visit https://www.gov.uk/personal-tax-account
Employers may wish to promote the service to their employees as this should result in fewer enquiries being made by them to their payroll or HR departments